Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Grateful

So, I know I've already posted to much tonight but I had a couple things happen today that I wanted to remember. First, I was sitting outside the pharmacy at the hospital waiting for a prescription for Ava when the man sitting next to me commented about Ava or something so we continued to chit chat while we were waiting. After a few minutes his wife came over wearing dark sunglasses. She was talking to Ava in a cute grandma voice when Ava started to cry and she commented that she knew exactly how she felt as she had earlier that day fallen down the stairs and broke her nose, had two bad black eyes and knocked out like 3 or more of her front teeth. Anyways, she was grateful she was walking around and seemed just as happy talking to a complete stranger without her front teeth and black eyes as anything. Pretty great. It was a good reminder to not let inhibitions get in the way of being kind and interacting with people around us.

The other thing is from a blog that I learned about from a news story. It's a crazy story about a little boy that was just learning to crawl around 7 months old when he got some flu symptoms that turned out to be meningitis. Anyways, he's been in the hospital for 3 months now and is deaf, has brain damage, and is probably blind. So, I've been checking up to see how he's doing and his mom posted about his progress on Sunday. They took him outside for the first time and his mom commented that her favorite part of her day was that as they were basking in the sun that her son's pupils dilated the same as hers did. Anyways, I have so much to be grateful for. That story is especially crazy when I remember when Owen was 1 month old and he had like almost meningitis or something and we spent a few days in the hospital. Life is precious.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Great Post Emily, we all need that reminder of the beautiful blessings that surround us if we just take the time to look. We have so many tender mercies daily, do we see them all? Today one of my tender mercy is reading this post, and remembering my sweet boys sleeping downstairs. Healthy, happy boys....