Friday, January 29, 2010

Random December Catch Up Stuff-

I think Matt was in China so one night we went and had a sleepover at my parents cause we thought it would be a nice change of scenery. Owen and Ava had a blast, especially Ava. She was so excited to sleep in a new place. She figured out how to climb out of the pack-n-play so I tried to get her to fall asleep next to me & Owen in the bed. She was happy as could be but I kept falling asleep only to wake up to her kicking me or giggling. I think a little after 11 she finally made it.

Some morning snuggles after the "fun" sleepover.

Chocolates- Pretty sweet tradition to have candy all over the place. I love to eat the centers before they are dipped in chocolate so this is a good few days.



My mom & her crazy awesome chocolate making skills.

This is my mom & her sister Shauna after dipping chocolates for many hours one day.

Ava snitching some chocolate before it's melted.

We got a good snow storm that we finally got to enjoy playing in!



On a side note, in the month of December, I took this Basics Photography Class from a very talented photographer. The class was awesome and I learned so much about how to actually use my camera. I would totally recommend this class to anyone. Anyways, here are some of my first pictures experimenting in manual mode.


My kids love eating fresh snow so I try to let them enjoy eating the fresh snow and only pull out the nagging when it's old and of course visibly dirty. It just makes them so happy and I figure I survived.



Yikes, nice muscles Owen.

3 comments:

Alexis said...

A photography class - how fun! I love the picture of Ava eating the snow (and the others, of course!) My kids eat it all the time too and I figure the same thing. Owen is looking so big and Ava's little puffball hat is so adorable!

Missy W. said...

Great photos! I need to look into that class, my nice camera is gathering dust because I don't know how to use it and the manual scares me!

Kunz Clan said...

Good job on the photos, you've got skill! Your mom looks very talented as well. That is a cute picture of her and her sister. I love Christmas and all the homemade goodies. Glad you guys had a good December!