Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Domestic dispute (Emily vs. kicked open doorknob)

Do you ever feel like you get beat up being a mom? Whether it's as a human punching bag, human playground, the cracking skin on your hands from being wet so much from wet wipes and dishwater, pregnancy or the other million things that are just part of being a mom? Well, last week I took a hard hit when I was getting Ava dressed in her room when all she wanted to do was escape. While putting on her clothes by her closed door, that doesn't really close it more just gets stuck and jammed, I totally didn't think about Owen wanting to come in and especially didn't think about him kicking the door as hard as he could to get it open. So I was very much surprised as the doorknob whacked into my cheek bone. Anyways, I don't remember the last black eye that I had or the my last cry from pain. It's not awful but man it hurt. And this picture was the best I got before Matt came upstairs from putting Owen to bed- it was weird enough taking pictures of myself I didn't want to do while Matt was around.

8 comments:

Malisa said...

Ouch! Man those little bodies can be brutal sometimes.

Alexis said...

Ooohh yikes! That's such a tender spot, too. Owie. Did Owen feel bad? My kids usually laugh when they accidentally hurt me because they think I'm trying to be funny!

Emily said...

It's good to know that you won. :)

We too are like the other Phillips, my kids laugh at me. Usually because I look so silly when I get hurt I guess. :)

Glad it was not anything worse.

Layne said...

Are you sure you didn't slip and fall in the shower? Maybe after having a few too many?

Sarah said...

As I said yesterday, "OUCH!" Your cheekbones just don't have a whole lot of padding, and a doornob...well, doesn't either. I'm glad it's feeling a bit better now :)

Matt and Melissa said...

Gotta love being a mom!

Nate and Katie Hipp said...

Sad... One good thing about black eyes, is they make you look really tough! Or like your husband beats you. jk

mckenzie said...

ouch! i hate those moments. i feel like my nose has been smashed more than once by the one-year old head bundt. ;) came across your blog. just thought i'd say hi. it's been a while.