Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day



So, I was really excited for Valentine's Day this year. We started the morning off with some pink heart pancakes. Matthew thinks they are funny but growing up with my mom- I don't remember a Valentine's Day without them so the tradition lives on. In the afternoon I made some sugar cookies that are the best I've ever made. I usually don't really like sugar cookies but these turned out so good. So I was excited to just enjoy a night at home making dinner together and decorating cookies but then, we got a knock on our door. Earlier in the week Matthew had set up an appointment for this guy to come and give us an estimate for new windows. Mostly just to get an idea of how much they'd be. Anyways Matt forgot it was V-day when setting it up. So after over 2 hours of this really nice man getting to know way to much information about our family and blah blah blah, he finally got measurements on our windows. In the meantime, Owen, Ava & I enjoyed some quality tv time while eating a gourmet dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches and green beans. Then we decorated cookies, which was a lot of fun. So anyways now that I've grumbled enough about the window man, I did get to enjoy some fun with my kids, just not so much with my hubba. Anyways, I did get a couple of great pictures- would you believe that Owen put the sprinkles on his cookie all by himself?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Owen's cookie look like the best cookie ever. :) I love sprinkles.
Ava looks so cute, pink valentine
love you
jo

Emily said...

What a romantic evening :) I think Owen and the boys need to have a sprinkle party. Our boys somehow got it in their heads that sprinkles are an essential part of oatmeal. Now, we have sprinkles a few times a week. Gotta Love it! (Ava looks cute in the shirt by the way! And so BIG! She is growing too quickly!)

Cathrine said...

I have pretty much the cutest nieces and nephews ever. the problem is that they keep multiplying and pretty soon i'm not going to be making enough money to spoil them.

Elaine said...

I LOVE the look on Owen's face with all those sprinkles on that yummy looking cookie! I absolutely love those kinds of cookies. I tried to send some to Matthew on his mission because I learned he loves them, too, but it took a few tries. I kept eating them before they got to the post. Oops. None for me this year...Ava is growing, and so cute and smiley!