Friday, August 30, 2013

Owen's Birthday & Baptism!

Owen turned 8 years old!  
Owen loves hashbrowns so for breakfast we had hashbrowns, bacon & pan'cakes' with a candle to blow out.

 Then Owen had his first day of school!
Turns out this is how he felt about it :).  
And for dinner we got to enjoy Chuck-a-Rama.

Then we came home for his volcano cake.  He loved it!
And for presents he got a leatherman & a skateboard that were just what he wanted.  So we nailed it there. Awesome.

And then on Saturday we had a Minecraft party with a couple of friends.  
We had an awesome obstacle course in our backyard that included running with this 'Steve' head box thing on your head to Cathrine, then shooting nerf guns at the creepers, some jumping jacks on the trampoline, climbing up & over a little ladder and making it alive through a red yarn lazer maze.  


My sister Cathrine has a way of saving me at birthday parties and for making all my ideas happen.  Thanks again Cat!

For treats we had green ice cream, brownies, rice crispy treats, pop rocks, TNT licorice bundles & Rolos for the kids to build there own creation.  
It was a fun week to celebrate Owen and the great kid he is!

Then a week later Owen was baptized.  It was a neat day.  Although I wouldn't have chosen it myself, Owen asked if I would give one of the talks. Which was a great opportunity for me to study & renew my testimony of baptism.  What a blessing it is to be clean and be on the path to our Heavenly Father.  As a mother I'm also grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost.  As Owen is getting older  and making his own choices I have less influence on his whole world and I'm grateful  that the Holy Ghost will help Owen to know what's right.  
It was an extra special experience because our good friend & neighbor Colby was baptized too.



It was a great day!  It's crazy to believe we have an 8 year old! 








3 comments:

the hipps said...

Congrats to Owen on choosing to be baptized. It sounds like it was a neat day. What a fun party too! I hope he realizes how cool his parents are... I'm sure he couldn't. :)

Alexis said...

What a great party! I love the first day of school paper too, that is so funny that he wrote that! :) I wish we could have hung around a week longer to be there for his baptism!

Skye O. said...

A special day for you family for sure!