Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Owen's Birthday-

Owen turned 7 years old!  

Before we'd really done anything after only being awake for a short time Owen said, "This is the best birthday I've ever had." 

Breakfast of Choice:  Owen loves hashbrowns and from a unanimous decision- Matthew is the best hashbrown cooker in our family so we had a yummy breakfast of hashbrowns, eggs & bacon.
Owen wouldn't light a match a few weeks ago for fireworks cause he said it was too dangerous and he didn't want to catch on fire but promised he would light a candle on his birthday.  I guess our fire safety talks were a little to effective but thank goodness he can light one and is a boy.  Candles as many times on a birthday as you can think of really is the best way.

Another thing that made Owen's birthday great was that Lincoln,  his best friend from kindergarten has a birthday a couple of days after Owen and had party at the fun park the morning of Owen's birthday.  He had a blast and Ava, Isaac & I were able to bake the cake and finish picking up a few things.  
When he got back he read some books with Isaac.

Then we decorated The Cake:  Owen decided he wanted a batman cake.  I'm not really a cake decorator but we found a picture of a Batman cake with the buildings on the side that I could do and Owen took care of decorating the top.  It was cool and he was proud of his creation.

Grandma & Grandpa Huff spoiled Owen that afternoon with some nerf guns which is just what he wanted.  

Miniature Golfing:  Owen has wanted to go miniature golfing for a while so we went and he loved it. He was surprisingly pretty good.  I see some fun golfing in Matthew & Owen's future.  
Ava was not such a big fan of the golfing part but had fun wading in the little pool.  

Popsicles after.
Thanks to Patrick & his cousin Truman's example the restaurant of Owen's choice was Chuck-a-Rama. The endless slushies are a big draw.  
When we got home we had a little party with cousins & family with a couple of superhero games- an obstacle course and a game that brought a lot of laughs that is kind of like pin the tail on the donkey but was making Owen a superhero with a mask & an "O" logo to stick on his shirt.
We sure love our Owen man.  He's happy, cautious, the best big brother, kind, helpful, observant, a night-owl, and considerate.  I think my Dad was exactly right when he recently said Owen is so dedicated to living life.
Happy Birthday Owen!  We love you!

2 comments:

Missy W. said...

I'm impressed with that cake!

Skye O. said...

How did our boys get so old? Looks like the perfect day for Owen & I love the cake!