Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Coming Home!

On Saturday June 26th, after 2 weeks in the NICU we were able to bring Isaac home and enjoy our family all being under the same roof. It was so awesome to walk out of the hospital and have Isaac with us! When we got home and Owen, Ava & Isaac were all in one room together it hit me for the first time that I was the mom of 3 kids! Isaac came home on oxygen but we are hoping to get rid of that next week. And man, after all the cords the poor kid had before with IV's, leads, the nose feeding tube, oxygen and the oxygen saturation monitor to only have the oxygen seems like nothing although I am looking forward to the day when we can loose the big heavy tank and see all of his cute cheeks!




3 comments:

Skye O. said...

nothing better than bringing home a sweet, cuddly newborn. Good luck these next few months! Looks like you have many loved ones to help out...make sure you call them when you need it...3 is tricky sometimes.

Malisa said...

Man it's the best feeling to be able to take them home isn't it? Glad he is making good progress. I miss Dr. Visick. He was Jaiden's pediatrician and I haven't found anyone I like as well.

Sarah said...

I was looking at this post and Eliza looked over and pointed, "Is behbee Igis!" She loves him, it's so cute. We're so happy you have him at home, but I do agree with Skye - you must call when you need help. Three kids can be amazingly challenging at times. We're all happy and willing to do anything we can, just shout out when you need it! :)