Sunday, December 9, 2007

Traditions!






Christmas is such a fun time to celebrate traditions. It's a great way to enjoy good times with family. Ever since I can remember, I've enjoyed two wonderful traditions- making chocolates and the Book Find. Maybe I can say that I've enjoyed the chocolate making tradition more this year because I haven't been around as much for all of the late night parties of center making and dipping but the smell of melted chocolate that fills the house definitely means that Christmas is coming. Owen has been a big fan of the chocolate tradition this year too. He got to help grandma by throwing chocolate centers into the melted chocolate. By the end of the day, he was tuckered out and fell asleep watching a movie.

Probably my favorite Christmas tradition is that of the Book Find. This is how it works, my parents buy a book for each of us and wrap it in different wrapping paper. When the night of the book find comes all of us kids & grandkids gather in a room and hide the books we got for our parents while they hide our books. Once everything is hidden, we each get a little scrap of the wrapping paper that our book is wrapped in. Then we are turned loose to find our books. If the game drags out longer than we want to search then the hot/cold game comes into play. After everyone has found their books we start with the youngest and each open up our book. Anyways, I love it. It's such a great way to enjoy good books and to get started with Christmas a little early.

2 comments:

Layne said...

I want to know what some of the books were--I always need ideas.

Alexis said...

Looks like you guys had fun this year! We got our chocolates today from mom - yummy!! I'm waiting to see more pictures of Ava up on your blog!! Hope all is going well now that you are home.